During this day we cover:
- Mindset for Birth and the importance of relaxation
- Biology of Labour and Birth
- Relaxation tools and techniques
- Active Birth Techniques – Rebozo, acupressure, massage, etc.
- Positions for labour and birth
- 2 hours of prenatal and restorative yoga with Mikeala for mum
- We chat about your role as birth partner
- How to assist with relaxation, active birth, positions
- What to say and what not to say...and what to say when your told to “shut up!”
Who is Mikeala?
Mikeala is a Yoga & Pilates Teacher with additional training in Post & Prenatal Yoga and Yoga Nidra Meditation.
Passionate about creating a safe and inviting community for Expecting and New Mums. Helping women to connect with their body and mind during and after pregnancy using yoga.
Yoga is the ideal, safe exercise during pregnancy and is highly recommended by doctors and health professionals as a way of preventing unnecessary weight gain, to calm the mind and prepare for childbirth.
Over the 2 hour class you will learn techniques to relieve physical tensions such as lower back pain and sciatica, practise optimal birthing techniques including vocal toning and be gentle guided through supportive restorative yoga poses to help relax the mind & body, calm the nervous system and catch up on some much needed rest.