Consider the Postnatal period with your baby. We see beautiful cuddles, with a settled newborn who is totally adorable sleeping. We imagine a mum who is seen to have it all together, hair up, out of her pyjamas, house tidy. However, for the majority of us, this isn’t the case. For many mothers they may have little support, with growing trends towards FIFO families and many families living away from grandparents and family. How much research have you done into what having a newborn is like? Or have you been busy focusing on the important and immediate pregnancy and birth concerns first? What experience have you had with babies in your life? Do you have a realistic idea of what this is really going to look like?
How do Postnatal Education Classes help?
- Increased understanding of what is going on with your baby at different stages
- Better relationship with baby
- Better relationship with others especially partner
- More able to accept and rely on your own intuition and gut
- Look at your baby as an individual in the same way you are and go forward appropriately